If you want to find a cordless hair straightener that combines power, versatility and efficiency and that you can take with you anywhere you go, this review is for you. In it we compare two very interesting and very different models: Xiaomi Mijia Wireless Styler vs GHD unplugged. However, it’s worth noting that Xiaomi’s cordless hair straightener is not yet on sale, although it is expected to be soon, so let’s see which one is better!
- 1 Xiaomi Mijia Wireless Styler vs GHD unplugged: what they have in common
- 2 Xiaomi Mijia Wireless Styler vs GHD unplugged: differences
- 3 These are the most popular hair straighteners
- 4 Xiaomi Mijia Wireless Styler vs GHD unplugged: final conclusion
Xiaomi Mijia Wireless Styler vs GHD unplugged: what they have in common
In this section, we will be highlighting all the aspects that our two protagonists have in common:
They are portable
One of the first similarities you’ll notice is that both hair straighteners are wireless and can be used without being connected to the mains. This makes them perfect options for travel, in your handbag or for touching up on the go.
Both hair straighteners are designed with ceramic plates, which allows for smoother ironing without tangling the hair on the plates.
Fast heating system
It is worth noting that, although in both cases we can consider that there is a fast heating system because both straighteners are ready in less than a minute, the Xiaomi plays with an advantage. This model heats up in 30 seconds, while the GHD model heats up in 45 seconds.
In line with the previous point, it’s worth noting that both offer a fairly similar run time of between 20 and 25 minutes. Although this may not seem like a long time, it’s more than enough time to straighten your hair, so you won’t have a problem if it’s well charged.
Recharging via USB port
If the battery runs out, both styling irons can be recharged via a USB-C connection, allowing you to plug it in almost anywhere if you have the right connector, although it’s the most common one these days.
Xiaomi Mijia Wireless Styler vs GHD unplugged: differences
Here are the most relevant differences between them:
One of the most important differences between the two hair straighteners is the temperature setting. In the case of GHD, the company opts for an optimised single temperature system. This means that the iron reaches a temperature of 185°C, which, according to experts, is the ideal temperature at which we can iron our hair without suffering, and with which we obtain the best results.
For its part, the Xiaomi hair straightener can be set at three temperatures: 165ºC, 185ºC and 210ºC. This way, you can choose the temperature you prefer depending on whether your hair is thinner or thicker.
Each hair straightener uses a different heating system, and we particularly highlight the precision and efficiency of the GHD model. Hybrid Co-Lithium technology, based on Dual-zone, means there are two ceramic heaters in one iron with an advanced battery, ensuring more effective straightening in a single pass.
Only the GHD straightener has an automatic shut-off mode if it detects more than 3 minutes of inactivity, offering added safety for absent-minded people who often leave their straightener on.
As mentioned above, the Xiaomi hair straightener is not yet available for sale. However, everything seems to indicate that, when it is available, it could be priced between 50 and 75 euros. Although there is no official confirmation, if it stays in this range, it is considerably lower than GHD’s cordless straightener.
These are the most popular hair straighteners
We don’t want to finish without showing you the ranking of the best-selling hair straighteners on Amazon, which may help you if you have any doubts:
- Advanced Ceramic coated plates infused with Moroccan Argan Oil with Vitamin E
- Digital temperature display with 9 settings 150 - 230 degrees
- Fast heat up in 15 seconds. Auto shut off after 60 minutes
- Floating plates for even pressure on the hair
- MAY CONTAIN NUTS
- With anti-static, ceramic, tourmaline ionic and smooth glide coated plates, the straightener delivers 4x more protection, extra shine and less static* (*vs standard ceramic coating)
- Temperature of 150-230 degrees Celsius with a 30 setting variable wheel, allowing you to change the temperature to suit your preference; whatever temperature you choose, the straightener will be ready to use in just 15 seconds
- With 110 mm longer length floating plates you can straighten more hair in one stroke; the floating plates also cushion the hair whilst styling, leaving it very smooth and indent free
- Includes worldwide voltage for high performance wherever you are; also comes with a heat proof pouch and a plate lock for easy storage
- Automatic safety shut off will turn the straightener off, if left unattended for 60 minutes
- Hair Straightener with ceramic plates that glide through hair for smooth results
- 3 heat settings up to 235C
- Fast heat-up,ready to use in 15 seconds
- Multi-voltage for worldwide use
- Wet and Dry Flat Iron :One benefit of using a wet to dry hair straightener is that they can help you save time. However, it will still take some time to finish straightening and styling your hair. Another benefit of using a wet to dry straightener is that they can reduce frizz and It is advisible to use heat protectant.
- Ceramic-coated Plates:Ceramic hair straighteners produce negative ions ,heat up quickly and distributed,at same time reduces damage.
- Four Adjustable Temperature Setting: Temperature setting from 160℃,180℃,200℃,230℃. Good performance at all hair types, the straightener will be ready to use in 180 seconds.
- Auto-shut off and Dual voltage 110V-240V : Prevents the hair tool from over-heating or damaging surfaces in one hour.Dual voltage is best if you travel to foreign countries.
- Package:Hair straightener*1,Instructions*1.
- Ceramic coated plates
- Max temperature: 210 degrees
- Heat up time: 30 seconds
- LED on indicator light
- Worldwide voltage
Xiaomi Mijia Wireless Styler vs GHD unplugged: final conclusion
Finally, we’ll tell you what our conclusion is once we’ve compared both hair straighteners. It should be noted that the quality-price ratio of the Xiaomi straightener is very interesting, because if it maintains the price it has announced in our market, it will be one of the few wireless hair straighteners for less than 100 euros. However, the quality and straightening technology is very different.
GHD maintains the lead in terms of straightening efficiency and precision. It does so partly thanks to the complex and advanced heating technology it offers, which is a far cry from that of Xiaomi. It should also be noted that GHD is a very experienced brand in this market, in which it has not only a great track record, but also a great deal of trust from users.
On the other hand, we are talking about Xiaomi’s first cordless hair straightener, which may generate some mistrust among some people who prefer to bet on the safe quality offered by GHD.
That said, if you prioritise the economic aspect over the quality aspect, the Xiaomi option is more in line with your search preferences, although the quality of the straightening will not be as excellent as in the case of the GHD hair straightener.