If you are professionally dedicated to creating content to share with your followers on your social networks, a good vlog camera is a must-have accessory. But do you know how to choose the right one for your needs? In this article we propose a selection of 5 vlog cameras that we consider to be very interesting this year and that you should not miss. Or even if you want to make a perfect gift, this article is right for you. Discover them!
Initial considerations: what are vlog cameras?
The first thing you need to know is what we mean when we talk about vlog cameras. They get their name from video vlogs, a type of audiovisual content that pretends to be a kind of blog, but instead of being written text, it is in video format.
This type of content has experienced a very important boom thanks to the proliferation of new social networks focused on video as the main element. So much so that many people, the so-called influencers, generate income through this type of video.
Vlog cameras, therefore, are cameras with a series of characteristics to capture images in a professional way, but without becoming larger cameras like television or cinema cameras.
What should you take into account in your assessment?
Now that you know what this type of camera is, let’s take a brief look at some of the most important aspects to consider when evaluating your options:
- Weight: as we have already mentioned, vlogging cameras are a professionalised form of personal cameras, as they are not cameras like those used in cinema or television. For this reason, it is essential that they are light and small, as influencers need to take them with them wherever they go to record their content.
- Image resolution: a vlog camera must have a minimum Full HD resolution to record images with sufficient sharpness and resolution. It should also have a minimum of 1080 pixels so that there is no loss of quality due to a lack of pixels.
- Audio quality: many of the video vlogs that are most successful among users are «the ones from around the house». That is, those that are generated in an intimate space, usually a home, for which it is not necessary to have external audio equipment. For this reason, you should make sure that the camera you choose has a good integrated audio system, so that it is not necessary to resort to external microphones.
- Stabilisation: It is becoming increasingly common to find cameras with built-in stabilisers, which are essential to minimise unintentional movement in your videos. However, most content creators complement their kit with tripods on which they place their cameras, although if they have a stabiliser, all the better, especially for capturing images in outdoor spaces or if you’re in a car, for example.
- Selfie camera: nowadays, practically any device that has a camera incorporates a front camera, an essential feature for this type of device.
Top 5: the most interesting vlog cameras of 2022
Below, we will detail the most outstanding strengths of each model, and then make a decision on which one is best suited to your preferences.
1) Acoletty vlogging camera
Let’s move on to another model from a lesser-known but very interesting brand, Acoletty. The screen can be rotated up to 180 degrees, and offers a smooth 60 fps resolution at 4K. As for the image resolution, it is 48 megapixels. Like the Zornik, it integrates the 13-megapixel CMOS image sensor.
If we look at the lenses, it has a macro and a wide-angle lens to vary the type of images it can record. It also has features such as video pause, loop recording, slow motion, time-lapse and selfie mode.
And, like most, it can be connected to a computer for live streaming. In fact, it is compatible with Windows XP; Vista; Windows 7; 8; Windows 10; Mac. However, the highlight of this camera is its price.
- 【4k Camera for Photography】Our digital camera adopts the latest CMOS image sensor which can provide 48 megapixel clear picture and smooth 60fps video, allowing you to record every beautiful moment.
- 【0.45x Wide-angle & Macro Lens】This digital camera for photography is equipped with a 52mm wide-angle and macro lens to take close-up shots of large landscape and macro objects to helping you to capture as much detail as possible for richly detailed images.
- 【As a Webcam】The 4K digital camera can be connected to your computer for a webcam function(plug-and-play) to help you enjoy video chats or live broadcasts on Facebook and YouTube. Standard 3.5mm microphone jack and hot boots provide more audio possibilities.
- 【Multifunction Camera】This compact digital camera is the perfect gift for photography enthusiasts and beginners with features such as video pause , record while charging, loop recording, slow motion recording, delay recording, playback and selfie.
- 【What You Get】4K 60fps digital camera, usb cable, 32GB SD card, 2 batteries, portable charger dock, use guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.
2) Zornik Vlogging Camcorder
The next model we bring is from a lesser known brand but with a very interesting value for money. It has a Full HD resolution of 1080 pixels, and has a 16x zoom. The image resolution is 36 megapixels, and it has an ultra-clear 3-inch IPS touchscreen that can be rotated through 270°.
Moreover, it has an 8-megapixel CMOS image sensor, which allows it to capture sharper moving images. In this sense, we also highlight the infrared night vision function, which is very useful for recording videos at night. It also offers other technologies such as slow motion, motion detection anti-shake and face detection.
As you can see, it is a very versatile camera and perfect for recording different types of content. In addition, with this camera you can broadcast live to any social network, and it has up to two batteries to increase its durability. Finally, it features a self-timer, multiple exposure modes and micro SD card capacity.
- [HD Camcorder]:The camcorder is 36 megapixels, full HD 1080P camera, 16x digital zoom, infrared night vision function, can support motion detection and slow motion, and has a 3.0-inch IPS screen. It is simple, lightweight, and easy to use. It is the perfect gift for learning photography, blogging, and making videos.
- [Infrared Night Vision Function]: It can record in the dark with infrared night vision function. Under the infrared night vision function, the camera can capture high-definition images and videos. The colors of the videos and images are black and white. It can work perfectly in the dark and can capture high-quality images in very low light.
- [Webcam and HDMI Function]:You can directly connect the live broadcast to the HDTV through the HDMI cable and play the video you shoot. You can also connect the YouTube blog video camera to the PC via a USB cable. Then you can transfer the file to the computer by selecting "MSDC" or use it as a webcam by selecting the "PC CAM" mode for video chatting or real-time streaming.
- [Support Remote Control]:The film camera has a remote control, so you can take photos and videos by yourself anytime and anywhere. No need to ask others to help you take photos and videos. No members were excluded from the group photo. You can pause the video at any time and then continue recording without restarting a new file.
- [Record While Charging]:The camera is equipped with two rechargeable batteries, which supports recording while charging. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us.
3) CANON Compact PowerShot SX740 HS
We close with a Canon model that is characterised by its small dimensions, weighing around 180 grams. It has a 3-inch LCD screen and folds out 180 degrees. Another of its main strengths is the 40x optical zoom, which allows you to capture every detail. This zoom can be doubled up to 80x thanks to Zoom Plus.
Another highlight is the ability to record videos in 4K and 5-axis stabilisation. The video resolution is 1080 pixels. It has a 20.3-megapixel CMOS sensor and features Canon’s DIGIC 8 processor, which intelligently detects the scene and adjusts framing and zoom settings automatically.
Another highlight is super-fast shooting, which is generated by a shutter speed of 10 fps. In addition, the screen can be tilted, making it convenient to shoot videos and carry the camera around. It also supports WiFi, Bluetooth and micro HDMI connector.
- Just 39.9mm deep, the pocket-sized Canon PowerShot SX740 HS brings subjects ultra-close with 40x optical zoom – doubling to 80x with ZoomPlus – and 20.3 Megapixel CMOS
- English (Publication Language)
4) Sony Alpha ZV-E10L
The first thing you should know about this model is that you can choose to buy it with or without microphone, and with or without stabilizer. That said, we are looking at a model with a 4K Full HD camera, with a resolution of 1080 pixels, and a B-Rolls slow motion that records in slow mode at 120 pixels.
Another interesting feature is the bokeh effect to blur the background and focus the attention on the person in the video. In addition, it has a real-time tracking technology by which it is able to keep the autofocus on your face even if you move.
On the other hand, it has an automatic exposure function, to adjust the settings according to the amount of natural light. In addition, it has a multi-angle rotating screen, with which you can capture all kinds of angles for a more professional result. The lenses are also interchangeable.
As for sound, the camera is equipped with a directional microphone and a windshield, to reduce outside noise. It is also compatible with Sony’s digital audio microphones.
- CONTENT CREATION IN MIND: This Sony vlogging camera features quick and intuitive vlogging operations with a touch capable swivel screen, tally light, Face autoexposure to keep your face bright in dim light and a bokeh switch to blur the background.
- ENDLESS CREATIVITY: With 60+ compatible Sony lenses available for this vlogger camera, explore new ways to change the look of your content on top of your SELP1650 kit lens
- NEXT LEVEL 4K VIDEO: The large (24.2 MP APS-C type) sensor on this compact camera lets you record outstanding 4K (up to 30p) and Full HD slow motion (up to 120P) with good low light capabities and more bokeh to blur the background.
- FOCUS ON THE IMPORTANT THINGS: Keep your video in focus while recording in 4K with the Real-time Eye AF system to track your subject's eye. For product reviews, activate the Product showcase mode for quick and accurate transition when showing objects at the camera.
- RECORD HIGH SOUND QUALITY: Make your voice heard even in windy conditions with a directional microphone and windshield (included) for your vlogger kit or take full advantage of the Digital audio interface by attaching a Sony-compatible external audio device.
5) Sony Alpha ZV-E10
This model is very similar to the previous one, in fact, they belong to the same range. The main difference is that this model does not include the powerful 16-50 mm zoom lens that the ZV-E10L model does, which is why its price is also higher. However, in all other functionalities and features, they are exactly the same.
So the Sony Alpha ZV-E10 also has technologies such as Eye AF, a real-time sensor that allows you to set the camera to «animal» mode, if you want it to detect animals and automatically focus on them. And, like its big brother, this camera also has interchangeable lenses.
It has the large APS-C image sensor, which is 10 times more powerful than those commonly found in smartphones. Thanks to this sensor it offers the bokeh effect, which draws attention to the central element of the image by blurring the rest. On the other hand, it not only has slow motion, but also fast motion, so you can make your videos as dynamic as possible.
- Created with content creation in mind The features of this vlog camera from Sony offer quick and intuitive operation with a touch-sensitive, side-tilting screen, automatic exposure that automatically captures faces and always illuminates them well, and a bokeh button that can be used to focus or blur the background.
- Creativity knows no bounds With more than 60 compatible Sony Lenses available for this vlog camera, discover new ways to shape the look of your content and improve the quality of the results.
- 4K video on a new level The large (24.3 MP APS-C type) sensor of this compact camera enables outstanding 4K (up to 30p) and Full HD slow-motion (up to 120P) recordings with professional bokeh background effect and clear details even in difficult lighting conditions.
- Keep an eye on the most important Keep focus while shooting in 4K with the real-time eye autofocus system. For product reviews, activate Product Showcase mode, which immediately focuses on the subject you want to present, even with quick changes.
- Excellent sound quality Make your voice heard with the 3-capsule directional microphone with windshield (included), which picks up your voice clearly and with less wind noise. Or take full advantage of the digital audio interface by adding a Sony -connect a compatible external audio device.
Our recommendation to choose the best vlog camera is….
Actually, there is no absolute truth. Everyone has different needs and, therefore, can satisfy them in different models. However, there are a few issues that are important to bear in mind.
The first of these has to do with brand reputation, and that is that, as you have seen, the price differs a lot between Canon and Sony cameras, which have a better reputation, and the Zornik and Acoletty cameras, which have less brand recognition. However, the difference in functionality is not so marked, although the quality of the Sony and Canon cameras is more sophisticated.
So think about what your budget constraints are. If these are covered by the cheaper cameras, they are a good alternative, as you can see from the reviews on Amazon.
On the other hand, if you prefer to play it safe and go for the more recognised brands, we recommend you opt for one of the two from Sony, which have been designed specifically for vlogging.