If you need a complete and versatile robot hoover, you’re in luck! In this article we compare the differences and similarities between two models that have a distinctive feature: Roomba Combo j7 vs Dreame L10 Pro. In case you didn’t know, this is the first Roomba to combine vacuuming and mopping functions. And, in the case of the Dreame, it is one of the leading models in sales today. Do you want to know which of the two is better suited to what you are looking for? Don’t miss our comparison!
Roomba Combo j7 vs Dreame L10 Pro: Important aspects
Throughout the article, we will be breaking down the main elements of both models to help you choose the one that best fits your search profile. To do this, it is important that you are clear about your preferences:
1) They vacuum and scrub
As we have already mentioned, this is the main novelty in the case of Roomba. Until now, iRobot had not marketed a robot that not only vacuumed but also mopped. Instead, it opted to equip its most advanced models with Imprint Link coordination technology, by means of which they could work in conjunction with the Braava floor mops, also from iRobot.
However, the Roomba Combo j7 is the first Roomba robot hoover that also scrubs, putting it on a par with the Dreame L10 Pro. To do this, both have an integrated mixed liquid and solids tank.
Following on from the previous point, there is an important difference between the two, and that is that the Roomba has a retractable mop, so that it automatically lifts up to avoid getting carpets wet when it detects it is approaching one. The Dreame L10 Pro lacks this feature.
Compatible models with self-emptying base
Both robots have a version that is sold with a self-emptying base, although the price is higher in both cases. In the case of Roomba, the Roomba Combo j7+ model is the one that includes this accessory.
On the other hand, if you want it on the Dreame robot, you should opt for the Dreame L10s Ultra. Therefore, although our two protagonists do not include a base, they do have a specific version for it.
2) Suction power
Although we do not know exactly what maximum suction power the Roomba reaches, as the company does not give precise information, we do know that it does not reach the 4000 Pascals that the Dreame L10 Pro reaches.
The Roomba Combo j7 has 10 times the power of the brand’s 600 series, which roughly translates to around 2000 Pascals. The Dreame therefore comes out on top.
3) Intelligent navigation
The two protagonists of our review are both intelligent robots, but the navigation system is different. The Roomba Combo j7 is powered by Precision Vision, a technology based on a front camera and reinforced by a set of sensors.
Dreame L10 Pro, on the other hand, moves thanks to the LiDAR laser system, which gives it a little more precision in orientation. Even so, we have to admit that the Roomba’s performance is also excellent in this respect, as it is capable of recognising multiple obstacles.
Mapping and space management
Both robots can create maps of the space in your home where you can decide which areas are restricted, which rooms are divided into which rooms, or which room you want Roomba to start working in. Roomba, however, goes a step further in terms of sophistication and level of detail. You can even choose the amount of product you want the robot to use, or indicate in which areas you want it to make additional passes.
4) Battery life
Another of the most relevant differences is the battery life, and we have to say that this is Roomba’s main handicap, now that it has already released a robot that also scrubs. The Roomba Combo j7 has a battery life of approximately 75 minutes, half the 150 minutes of the Dreame L10 Pro.
However, both models have the ability to recharge the battery as needed and resume cleaning, which makes the difference in run time less significant. Overall, however, the Dreame L10 Pro finishes cleaning faster, as 150 minutes of run time is usually enough to cover the space of a standard-sized home, while 75 minutes may not be enough.
5) Sophisticated sensors
There is no doubt that Roomba has always been a pioneer in terms of technology and level of intelligence, and proof of this is the performance of the sensors it incorporates. Firstly, we would highlight the Dirt Detect sensors, a proprietary technology that allows it to identify large concentrations of dirt and act directly on them more intensely.
But, in addition, in the Combo j7 model, it has a sensor in the water tank with which it can identify if it is full or, failing that, warn you when it needs to be filled.
6) Accessory package
Let’s now look at the equipment that each robot hoover has. Although they are quite similar, there are a couple of details that give the Roomba Combo j7 a certain advantage. This model is equipped with 2 mop mops, while the Dreame L10 Pro only has one. In addition, it comes with a sample of ELKO cleaning product.
7) Compatibility with mobile app and voice control
In both cases you can download the corresponding app through which you can operate each robot from your smartphone.
Another similarity shared by both models is that they can both be operated by virtual assistants. Although, to be fair, the Roomba is compatible with Alexa and Google Home, but the Dreame L10 Pro can only connect to Alexa.
Which robot hoovers sell best?
Here you can see the list of the robot hoovers that scrub the most demanded by Amazon users:
- 【Designed for Roborock Dyad Pro】 This 480ml floor cleaner is the official cleaning product for the Roborock Dyad Pro wet/dry vacuum for stronger cleaning power. The formula is safe and environmentally friendly, perfect for families with children and pets so you can use it without worry.
- 💪【4500Pa Ultra-Strong Suction】Suction power up to 4500Pa, G20 PRO robot vacuum can easily absorb dirt and pet hair hiding in the floor cracks and carpets. Equipped with a Japanese NEDC motor, quiet and efficient, it can work continuously for 150 minutes (at the standard suction level).
- ✅【3-in-1 Design, Sweep&Vacuum&Mop】G20 PRO robot vacuum sweeps, vacuums, and mops in one, allowing vacuuming and mopping at the same time, convenient and efficient. The unique separate design of the dust box and water tank make it easy to install, remove and clean at any time.
- 🚀【Upgrade Smart Navigation System】G20 PRO robotic vacuum follows the latest cleaning logic and plans the route according to "Z" without missing any area, with a straight-line dust removal rate of 95%. Equipped with multiple sensors to effectively avoid obstacles. The robot vacuum automatically recharges when the battery is low.
- 👍【Auto Carpet Boost】 G20 PRO robot hoover intelligently detects the carpet quickly and automatically increases the suction power in a short time, moving effortlessly from floor to carpet. It is ideal for short, medium pile carpets and pet hair.
- 📲【Multiple Smart Controls】G20 PRO supports multiple control methods. In addition to its own control buttons and remote control, it not only connects to mobile smart apps but can also be paired with Alexa and Google Assistant, which makes this robot very easy to use and also allows for timer cleaning.
- ✨【𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐒𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐞】With up to 2800Pa strong suction in max mode, Vactidy T6 robot vacuum can pick up dust, debris and pet hairs from hard floor and low-piled carpet with ease, bringing you a high-efficiency clean. 3 levels of suction power adaptable for all family regular cleaning demands.
- ✨【𝐒𝐥𝐢𝐦 𝐁𝐨𝐝𝐲 & 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭 𝐂𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧】 Robot vacuum cleaner has a compact design with a height of only 2.89", plus 360 degree universal wheel, making it possible to effectively clean those hard-to-reach corners, like under the bed, sofa and cabinet. 60dB low noise in quiet mode will not disturb you, so you can do job rest assured.
- ✨【𝟑-𝐏𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐂𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠】The robot vacuum has 2 spinning auto side sweeper brushes that extend the reach of the vacuum and rotate to catch dirt and debris in carpets and on hard wood floors. Compared with brushless suction port, the roller brush can deep clean fine dust in all types of floors. Cleaning brush help to solve the entangle hair, no worry about it.
- ✨【𝐌𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐭】Set schedules and cleaning modes of your robotic vacuum from the Vactidy App, and Alexa or Google Assistant by voice control, to save you time and energy! Besides, it also works with IFTTT. With remote control, Vactidy T6 robot is also very friendly to parents and elders, avoiding Bluetooth or WIFI connections issues.
- ✨【𝐃𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐂𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐬】Robotic vacuum cleaner offers 3 clean modes including ➊Auto cleaning ➋Spot cleaning ➌Edge cleaning . Freely switch among different modes and power levels as you want via the Vactidy App. Preset a working time to get your T6 robot to start its daily routine cleaning.
- 【Four Cleaning Modes】 Most of the cleaning modes of the robotic vacuum cleaner on the market are random walking. Compared with them, the Lefant cleaner robot has four cleaning modes: automatic, planning, fixed point, edge, and the planning the cleanup trilogy can carefully clean every corner of your home, cleaning will be so easy!
- 【Carpet Boost】 Optimized for carpets. Intelligently identifies carpets and increases maximum suction power for optimal cleaning performance. Grating sensor solves the problem of messy walking on carpets once and for all
- 【Unique Suction Mouth & Powerful Suction】Remove the bottom roller brush and adopt the large suction door design to clean hair powder and reduce hair cleaning problems. The cleaning efficiency is close to 90%. The compact body with a 500 ml large dust container can hold more waste and reduce the amount of vacuum
- 【FreeMove 3.0 Technology】Built-in 6D anti-collision infrared sensor, instead of mechanical collision, 720-degree omnidirectional detection of the surrounding environment. While reducing the size of the fuselage, it can more easily avoid obstacles and reduce failures caused by easy wear, deformation, dust accumulation, etc. Able to detect stairs to prevent falls and easily climb carpets.
- 【Small body design】 One-piece body design, only 28cm in diameter and 7.8cm thick, designed for narrow spaces in beds, sofas and corners to avoid snagging, high coverage and very low failure rate. Long battery life with up to 120 minutes run time and automatic return to charging station at the end of the cleaning cycle or when the battery is low.
- 【Four Cleaning Modes】 Most of the cleaning modes of robotic vacuum cleaners on the market involve random walking. In comparison, the Lefant cleaner robot has four cleaning modes: automatic, planning, fixed point, and edge. The planning the cleanup trilogy can carefully clean every corner of your home, making cleaning so easy!
- 【Brushless Nozzle Design】 Traditional robotic vacuums with rotating brush heads are tedious to clean due to tangled hairs on the rotating brush. The M210 is equipped with an advanced 2200 Pa brushless nozzle and two side brushes with powerful suction power to draw hair, debris and dust directly into the large capacity (500ml) dust collection bucket. This is very convenient and effective. Two layers of filtration prevent secondary contamination.
- 【Small body design】 The one-piece body design has a diameter of only 28cm and is 7.8cm thick, making it ideal for use in narrow spaces found in beds, sofas, and corners to avoid snagging. It provides high coverage and has a very low failure rate. The robot vacuum also boasts a long battery life, running for up to 120 minutes before automatically returning to the charging station at the end of the cleaning cycle or when the battery is low.
- 【FreeMove 3.0 Technology】It has a built-in 6D anti-collision infrared sensor that detects the surrounding environment through 720-degree omnidirectional detection, instead of mechanical collision. While reducing the size of the fuselage, it can more easily avoid obstacles and reduce failures caused by wear, deformation, dust accumulation, etc. It is able to detect stairs to prevent falls and easily climb carpets.
- 【Large Bin】The M210 features a 500ml bin that only needs to be cleaned every 5 to 7 days. In comparison to most other 300ml bins, it can hold more waste and decrease the frequency of bin cleaning.
Roomba Combo j7 vs Dreame L10 Pro: which one is better?
Now that we’ve compared the differences and similarities, it’s time to choose which one to go for. Until now, we have always mentioned that one of Roomba’s weaknesses was its refusal to design robots that not only vacuum but also mop. The Roomba Combo j7 changes the situation, and we have to say that it’s a really satisfactory model.
The downside, as you can imagine, is that its price is also quite high, in line with Roomba’s commercial strategy. But the truth is that it is an interesting model because of the small details that make the user experience very satisfactory.
This is the case of the very precise sensors it has for detecting dirt or for knowing whether the tank needs to be filled with water, or the efficiency of the main brush. It also has the Roomba quality seal.
Speaking of Dreame, we find a robot with a really interesting quality-price ratio. It also has more power and more autonomy than the Roomba Combo j7. Therefore, the choice is very complex in this case, and will depend more on subjective questions, such as reliability in the brand or design.
Either is a good robot hoover, so you can be confident in your decision. If you go for value for money, you’ll choose the Dreame L10 Pro. On the other hand, if you prefer to play it safe and opt for the most recognised brand in this sector, your option is the Roomba Combo j7.