If you need a complete and versatile robot hoover, you’re in luck! In this article we compare the differences and similarities between two models that have a distinctive feature: Roomba Combo j7 vs Dreame L10 Pro. In case you didn’t know, this is the first Roomba to combine vacuuming and mopping functions. And, in the case of the Dreame, it is one of the leading models in sales today. Do you want to know which of the two is better suited to what you are looking for? Don’t miss our comparison!
- 1 Roomba Combo j7 vs Dreame L10 Pro: Important aspects
- 1.1 1) They vacuum and scrub
- 1.2 2) Suction power
- 1.3 3) Intelligent navigation
- 1.4 4) Battery life
- 1.5 5) Sophisticated sensors
- 1.6 6) Accessory package
- 1.7 7) Compatibility with mobile app and voice control
- 1.8 Which robot hoovers sell best?
- 2 Roomba Combo j7 vs Dreame L10 Pro: which one is better?
Roomba Combo j7 vs Dreame L10 Pro: Important aspects
Throughout the article, we will be breaking down the main elements of both models to help you choose the one that best fits your search profile. To do this, it is important that you are clear about your preferences:
1) They vacuum and scrub
As we have already mentioned, this is the main novelty in the case of Roomba. Until now, iRobot had not marketed a robot that not only vacuumed but also mopped. Instead, it opted to equip its most advanced models with Imprint Link coordination technology, by means of which they could work in conjunction with the Braava floor mops, also from iRobot.
However, the Roomba Combo j7 is the first Roomba robot hoover that also scrubs, putting it on a par with the Dreame L10 Pro. To do this, both have an integrated mixed liquid and solids tank.
Following on from the previous point, there is an important difference between the two, and that is that the Roomba has a retractable mop, so that it automatically lifts up to avoid getting carpets wet when it detects it is approaching one. The Dreame L10 Pro lacks this feature.
Compatible models with self-emptying base
Both robots have a version that is sold with a self-emptying base, although the price is higher in both cases. In the case of Roomba, the Roomba Combo j7+ model is the one that includes this accessory.
On the other hand, if you want it on the Dreame robot, you should opt for the Dreame L10s Ultra. Therefore, although our two protagonists do not include a base, they do have a specific version for it.
2) Suction power
Although we do not know exactly what maximum suction power the Roomba reaches, as the company does not give precise information, we do know that it does not reach the 4000 Pascals that the Dreame L10 Pro reaches.
The Roomba Combo j7 has 10 times the power of the brand’s 600 series, which roughly translates to around 2000 Pascals. The Dreame therefore comes out on top.
The two protagonists of our review are both intelligent robots, but the navigation system is different. The Roomba Combo j7 is powered by Precision Vision, a technology based on a front camera and reinforced by a set of sensors.
Dreame L10 Pro, on the other hand, moves thanks to the LiDAR laser system, which gives it a little more precision in orientation. Even so, we have to admit that the Roomba’s performance is also excellent in this respect, as it is capable of recognising multiple obstacles.
Mapping and space management
Both robots can create maps of the space in your home where you can decide which areas are restricted, which rooms are divided into which rooms, or which room you want Roomba to start working in. Roomba, however, goes a step further in terms of sophistication and level of detail. You can even choose the amount of product you want the robot to use, or indicate in which areas you want it to make additional passes.
4) Battery life
Another of the most relevant differences is the battery life, and we have to say that this is Roomba’s main handicap, now that it has already released a robot that also scrubs. The Roomba Combo j7 has a battery life of approximately 75 minutes, half the 150 minutes of the Dreame L10 Pro.
However, both models have the ability to recharge the battery as needed and resume cleaning, which makes the difference in run time less significant. Overall, however, the Dreame L10 Pro finishes cleaning faster, as 150 minutes of run time is usually enough to cover the space of a standard-sized home, while 75 minutes may not be enough.
5) Sophisticated sensors
There is no doubt that Roomba has always been a pioneer in terms of technology and level of intelligence, and proof of this is the performance of the sensors it incorporates. Firstly, we would highlight the Dirt Detect sensors, a proprietary technology that allows it to identify large concentrations of dirt and act directly on them more intensely.
But, in addition, in the Combo j7 model, it has a sensor in the water tank with which it can identify if it is full or, failing that, warn you when it needs to be filled.
6) Accessory package
Let’s now look at the equipment that each robot hoover has. Although they are quite similar, there are a couple of details that give the Roomba Combo j7 a certain advantage. This model is equipped with 2 mop mops, while the Dreame L10 Pro only has one. In addition, it comes with a sample of ELKO cleaning product.
7) Compatibility with mobile app and voice control
In both cases you can download the corresponding app through which you can operate each robot from your smartphone.
Another similarity shared by both models is that they can both be operated by virtual assistants. Although, to be fair, the Roomba is compatible with Alexa and Google Home, but the Dreame L10 Pro can only connect to Alexa.
Which robot hoovers sell best?
Here you can see the list of the robot hoovers that scrub the most demanded by Amazon users:
- Voice & App Controls: Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice commands to conveniently start and stop cleaning. Use the smart App to control your R750 robot vacuum cleaner, monitor real-time cleaning/accessories status, customize cleaning modes/mopping levels/schedule cleaning, control cleaning direction, finds your robot effortlessly, and get access to our online support service whenever you need.
- Boost-Intellect Technology: R750 robot vacuum cleaner supports boost-intellect technology, enables it automatically increase suction power within seconds when carpet is detected, moves effortlessly from hard-surface floor to carpet, once off the carpet, normal suction returns. Upgrade vacuums up to 2200pa Max pure power suction strength for an impressive clean.
- Intelligent Mopping Cleaning System : R750 robot vacuum cleaner adopts latest mopping technology, equipped with an electronically controlled water pump, automated monitor and control the water level according to the dryness and humidity of the floor without spillage, you can get to enjoy a completely clean home from a intelligent mopping system.(a water tank and cleaning mop cloth included)
- Virtual Boundary Compatible: Coredy R750 Robot Vacuum Cleaner is compatible with virtual boundary, specialized new upgraded sensors detect Boundary Strips to ensure your robot only cleans the areas you want, 2x6.6ft boundary strips included in the package.
- What You Get: An R750 robotic vacuum cleaner, plus an array of vacuum cleaner accessories: 1x water tank included mop cloth, 2x 6.6ft magnetic boundary strips, 4x side brushes, 1x extra HEPA filter, 1x remote control, 1x charging dock, 1x AC power adapter, and 1x cleaning tool. (Warmly note: please kindly note the Coredy R750 is the upgrade version of R700, it owns the upgraded app, you can use the mopping function.)
- USB Rechargeable : Power saving, stable battery life, efficient process makes the sweeper lower power consumption and higher performance.
- Thorough Cleaning : Lengthen bilateral brush for wide range of cleaning, even the corner and other small places can be thoroughly cleaned.
- Wide Application : Compact size, simple operation and easy to use, suitable for home use to clean the living room, bedroom and so on.
- Easy Maintenance : Built-in filter screen and dust box can be opened, easy to clean, power indicator indicates the sweeping robot to start or close.
- Edge Cleaning : Effectively clean the edge dust and reduce furniture collision, creating a clean and comfortable home.
- 🧭Advanced VSLAM Navigation – Maxwell's TIRVS (Trifo Intelligent Robotics Vision System), a combination of proprietary algorithms and the latest sensing, perception and decision-making technology ensures Maxwell always knows where he is, decides the most efficient cleaning route, avoids obstacles and creates a map of his route to repeat on later cleaning trips.
- 📹Home Surveillance – Maxwell has a high-definition camera, you can monitor your home in real time through the APP. You can also manually drive the Maxwell to watch your pet and interact with them via built-in audio. Maxwell comes with motion detection, and your phone will be notified when moving objects are detected. We use the highest standards of data encryption to ensure your data remains private and secure.
- 💪🏻 Strong Suction – With a powerful suction of 2500 Pa, Maxwell is quiet and powerful, easily sucking up dust, pet hair, dirt and debris from hard floors and carpets into the large 600ml dust box.
- 📲Easy control – Maxwell can only be connected to the APP through 2.4GHz WiFi, and you can intuitively see the cleaning map, adjust suction, schedule cleaning, remaining battery and other functions through the APP. You can also easily control the robot work through Alexa voice.
- 🔋Marathon Cleaner – The Maxwell 5200mAh battery provides maximum to 120 minutes of battery life when fully charged, and when the battery runs low or when cleaning is done, he automatically returns to the charging stand, ensuring it is always charged and ready to clean.
- 【USB charging and power saving】Advanced Li-ion battery keep using time and charging performance for years, can be used repeatedly, long service life. Powered by USB cable, it is compatible with computer, notebook, laptop or other devices with USB port.
- 【Low noise and clean air】Advanced motor significantly reduces vacuuming noise, the rate of clearing away the dust is high.The robotic cleaner effectively picks up dirt, pet hair and dust from flat wooden floors, marble floors etc.
- 【Automatic induction device】The infrared sensor is an automatic sensing device that automatically turns when encountering obstacles, Automatically adjust suction strength to carpeted, tile, hardwood, laminate floor, avoid bumping around, stair and drop-offs. Auto-Adjust Cleaning Head automatically adapts its height to effectively clean carpets and hard floors.
- 【Save mopping time】As the robot moves forward and vacuums, the mopping mat starts working. Two jobs done at the same time! This thing saves time and makes your life easier.
- 【Clean thoroughly】Floor Robot Can clean underneath furniture, sofas and other areas that are hard to achieve, creating a clean and comfortable home.A redesigned rolling brush wider and reduces trapping rugs and sheets, two side brushes, and powerful suction ensure a thorough clean.
- POWERFUL SUCTION: LUBY Robot Hoover can pick up small staffs, including paper scrap, dog cat hair and thread, dust, debris, crumb and dirt. Ideal for hard wood floor carpet. Suitable for room and home cleaning.
- APP & REMOTE CONTROLING: LUBY robotic vacuum cleaner at any time and any place. 4 cleaning modes, including Auto, Room, Edge and Spot cleaning can be selected. Positioning and scheduling function, recharge mode, and cleaning record can also be operated in the APP.
- 100 MIN RUNNING TIME: Battery capacity is up to 2500 mah and LUBY Vacuum Robot can locate charging station and charge it self when the remaining power is under 20 %, allowing it continuously working for a long time and keeping your room clean all the time.
- SMART & SELF-PROTECTIVE: LUBY carpet sweeper features anti-collision and anti-drop system, avoiding crashes and damages during working. You don’t need to worry about the fall of the vacuum and the damage of apartment furniture because of crash.
- 7.4 CM SUPER THIN DESIGN: LUBY pet vacuum cleaner is thin in size, allowing it flexibly clean hidden areas under furniture, sofa, table cabinet and little corners in your room. You don’t need to pay too many efforts on housework and have more spare time!
Roomba Combo j7 vs Dreame L10 Pro: which one is better?
Now that we’ve compared the differences and similarities, it’s time to choose which one to go for. Until now, we have always mentioned that one of Roomba’s weaknesses was its refusal to design robots that not only vacuum but also mop. The Roomba Combo j7 changes the situation, and we have to say that it’s a really satisfactory model.
The downside, as you can imagine, is that its price is also quite high, in line with Roomba’s commercial strategy. But the truth is that it is an interesting model because of the small details that make the user experience very satisfactory.
This is the case of the very precise sensors it has for detecting dirt or for knowing whether the tank needs to be filled with water, or the efficiency of the main brush. It also has the Roomba quality seal.
Speaking of Dreame, we find a robot with a really interesting quality-price ratio. It also has more power and more autonomy than the Roomba Combo j7. Therefore, the choice is very complex in this case, and will depend more on subjective questions, such as reliability in the brand or design.
Either is a good robot hoover, so you can be confident in your decision. If you go for value for money, you’ll choose the Dreame L10 Pro. On the other hand, if you prefer to play it safe and opt for the most recognised brand in this sector, your option is the Roomba Combo j7.