If you haven’t tried Roborock’s robot vacuum cleaners, now is the time to do so. The Xiaomi subsidiary brand has opted for innovation and high technology in its most recent models, and the result is very attractive. But, so that you know what performance and differences the brand’s most advanced robots have, we analyse two of them. We’re talking about Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra vs Roborock S7+, and we’re sure they won’t leave you indifferent. Stay tuned!
Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra Vs Roborock S7+: Comparison, reviews and analysis
First of all, you should know that the Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra is not yet on sale, although it will be soon. But, to give you an idea of what’s to come, we compare it with another of the company’s top performers.
1) The most innovative new functions
We are going to start by remarking the most important new functions that Roborock has implemented in the new model that differentiate it from its competitors:
Triple Autovacuum Station
As mentioned in the introduction, Roborock has made history in the robot hoover market. The most noticeable difference is that the Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra has a triple self-emptying, auto-fill, auto-wash and auto-fill station.
What does this mean? That, as well as automatically depositing waste into it, it is able to wash the mop by itself and refill with water to continue mopping. This triple self-capacity makes it much more independent than other robots with a simple emptying station.
This is the case with the Roborock S7+, which has a self-draining station only, but no automatic wash and fill station. In both cases you can choose the emptying option you prefer from the 4 possible options.
Improved suction power
Suction power refers to the suction capacity of the hoover. There is no doubt that one of the most important quality leaps that the brand has implemented in the new version of Roborock has to do with the suction capacity.
The S7+ model reaches 2500 Pascals, while the S7 MaxV Ultra doubles this to 5100 Pascals. In terms of power rating, the Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra reaches 74 watts, compared to 68 watts for the S7+.
Both use the HyperForce mechanism, but the company has improved it significantly in the new model. In addition, in both cases it is possible to adjust it in three levels and one automatic level.
Artificial Intelligence to detect objects
The third major innovation compared to the S7+ is the Reactive AI 2.0 system. This is an AI-based object identification technology. The accuracy is so high that it is even able to detect floor materials, thus adapting the cleaning path and optimising it according to the characteristics of the space.
2) Navigation system
Let us tell you that the navigation system of both robots is really intelligent, although there are small advances that Roborock has incorporated in its new model:
Advanced laser navigation combined with cameras
The navigation system used by robots is one of the aspects that most influences the precision of orientation. In this case, there is a slight improvement in the S7 MaxV Ultra, although it is important to note that both robots are highly intelligent in their route planning.
Both robots use LiDAR laser navigation technology, which allows the robot to map the space it is working in detail and define the most appropriate cleaning pattern.
However, the Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra combines this laser system with a dual camera, 3D and RGB, which makes it even more precise. In addition, the 3D scanning is perfect for identifying obstacles even in dark rooms.
Personalised and interactive maps
In case you didn’t know, laser navigation is the smartest method of navigation. It is precisely what gives both models the ability to produce real-time maps.
These maps are interactive and customisable, and you can rename the rooms, set the cleaning order you want the robot to follow, and even see the navigation pattern it is following.
In the case of the Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra, thanks to the 3D camera, the maps are three-dimensional, although they can also be displayed in 2D or as a matrix. What the two robots do have in common is that they can store up to 4 maps, which means that the robot will not have to generate them again the next time you put it into operation.
3) Battery performance
Now it’s time to look at the battery and all the features related to it, we highlight the following:
You already know that both models include a self-emptying base, which increases the battery life to approximately 6-7 weeks. The 1.8 litre capacity bag means that it does not need to be emptied during this time.
However, both robots have a 400 ml tank capacity, which gives them an autonomy of approximately 180 minutes. In this regard, it is worth noting that some users claim that the Roborock S7+, in practice, reduces its autonomy.
It should also be noted that the maximum time also depends on the power level chosen. In fact, both have a 5200 mAh battery capacity, which makes them equal in this respect.
Recharge and resume
Looking at battery life, it is worth noting that both the Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra and the S7+ have recharge and resume functionality. In fact, they distinguish between charging during cleaning and automatic charging once it has finished.
In other words, if the robot has not completed cleaning and runs out of battery, it goes to the charge base and completes up to 80% so that it can finish the process from where it was interrupted. If it has finished cleaning, the robot will go to the charge base on its own to recover the battery it has used.
4) Versatility of use: vacuuming and mopping
The two robots featured in our review integrate the dual functionality of vacuuming and mopping:
Both the S7 MaxV Ultra and the S7+ are robots designed to combine vacuuming with mopping. In addition, in both cases they perform high-speed sonic scrubbing, based on the VibraRise system.
This mechanism is based on the power of sound, so that a constant pressure is exerted which raises the cleaning speed to 3000 vibrations per minute. This vibration generates a frequency of 50 Hz, which is already within the sonic range of the human ear. In turn, this system intensifies the action of the vibration, which provides more accurate results.
Volume of the internal tanks
Comparing the size of the tanks, the waste tank of the Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra has a capacity of 400 ml, the same as the Roborock S7+.
The S7 MaxV Ultra, on the other hand, has a liquid tank with a volume of 200 ml, while its rival has a volume of 300 ml.
However, the total autonomy in both cases amounts to 6-7 weeks thanks to the respective bases, whose bag raises its capacity to 1.8 litres.
5) Additional features
Finally, we look at three more interesting features that may influence your decision:
Complete and innovative accessories
To be honest, the equipment is one of the areas where there are the fewest differences.
The central brush of both robots is made of rubber and designed with anti-tangle technology, which makes it a good ally for cleaning pet hair. In addition, in both cases it has a floating mechanism that allows it to lift up to 2 centimetres on uneven floors, such as carpets or rugs.
The mop is also self-raising, so that it lifts up when the robot detects a carpet. In addition, it automatically switches from mopping to vacuuming to make the most of the same pass.
Connection with mobile app and voice assistants
Finally, another similarity between the two Roborock robot hoovers is the WiFi connectivity they offer, so that both can be synchronised with the mobile app.
Through this app you can check the robot’s status in real time, schedule cleaning sessions, rename or rearrange rooms and choose the selected power level, among other actions.
On the other hand, in both cases you will be able to connect the robot with Alexa, Google and Siri voice assistants.
Noise can be a problem if you have neighbours who might be annoyed, but in this respect, you have nothing to worry about. As the company claims, both the S7 MaxV Ultra and S7+ achieve a sound power level of 67 decibels.
Considering that they don’t exceed the 68-70 decibels above which we usually consider a hoover to be less quiet, you can relax about the noise it makes, as it won’t disturb your neighbours at any time.
Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra Vs Roborock S7+: Maintenance Tips
We know that one of the doubts that often arise when we go to buy a robot hoover is what maintenance is necessary to prolong its useful life. To help you, we will briefly explain how you should treat each component to extend its life and keep it working properly for longer:
- Main brush: ideally, you should clean it after each use, especially to avoid hair build-up if you have pets at home. However, this should be done at least once a week.
- Side brush: this accessory is easier to clean, and all you need to do is wipe it with a clean cloth to remove any dust that may have accumulated. However, do it gently to prevent the bristles from losing their effectiveness.
- Automatic base: For the Roborock S7+, you only need to clean the self-draining station, and it comes with a hygienic bag. If you opt for the Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra, which has a triple base, you will not only have to empty the hygienic bag and change it, but you will also have to clean the two additional compartments. Doing this once a fortnight is sufficient. However, this depends on how often you use the robot.
- The robot’s internal tank: note that the tank empties automatically, but it is still a good idea to clean it once a week to make sure that there are no odour-causing residues. In the case of the tank where dirty water accumulates, empty it after each use.
- Mop: If you buy the Roborock S7+, it is advisable to clean the mop after each use, for which you only need water. If you opt for the Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra, although it is also advisable to do so after each use, you can remain several uses without cleaning it, as the scrubbing and cleaning that it has thanks to the base is much more effective.
- Sensors: it is advisable to clean the sensors once a month with a microfibre or cotton cloth, to prevent the sensor from losing effectiveness.
Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra vs Roborock S7+: Which is more worthwhile?
To answer this question, we’ll have to wait to see the final retail price of the Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra once it goes on sale, although we can assume it will be quite high. We are probably looking at two of the most advanced robots of the moment. However, the key will be to see if the price difference, considering the difference in features, is worth it.
The Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra represents a major qualitative leap forward, both in terms of the robot’s functionality and its technological level. Proof of this is that the new model doubles the suction power of the S7+, which, in turn, already surpassed the previous robot.
On the other hand, we cannot deny that the triple base of the Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra is very attractive, perhaps because of its innovative character. Another aspect where we see the company’s evolution is the navigation technology.
The navigation system is, in both cases, laser-based, but the Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra is reinforced with a dual camera, RGB and 3D. That said, you should know that the Roborock S7+ is also a superior alternative to many competing models, and it certainly delivers outstanding results.
The price of this robot is likely to be higher and a significant investment, but it has features that have never been seen before and are rare among high-end robots. Therefore, our scales tip more towards this alternative; although, as we say, the price difference will be key to confirming the decision.
Top 5 most popular Roborock robots on Amazon
As you know, Amazon has managed to position itself as the platform of reference when it comes to distribution and sale of products. Therefore, if you are not sure which model to opt for, it is interesting to see what opinions have been left by users who have already tried each one. This is the list of the best-selling Roborock in this marketplace:
- 【5100Pa Suction】The roborock S7 Pro Ultro robot vacuum has more than double the power of S7 or S6 MaxV, generating a maximum of 5100 Pa. It quickly picks up debris, hair, dust, and more from hard floors and carpets.
- 【Ultra-Cleaning Power】S7 Pro robot hoover with sonic mopping that scrubs up to 3,000 times per minute and mop pressure of 600g, can easily remove dirt and small particles of dust. Equipped with rubber main brush for better reduce hair tangles. Keep your home clean at all times.
- 【Self-Refilling&Self-Emptying】The empty wash fill dock automatically refills the robotic vacuum cleaner water tank when it docks, its mopping range to up to 300 sqm.The dock also empties the vacuum robot, with 2.5 L dust bags for up to 7-weeks without emptying.
- 【Fully Auto-Cleaning】The empty wash fill of the S7 Pro Ultro robotic vacuums automatically cleans the mop with 3000 times per minute,then lifts it to 5mm outwards to dry naturally,that's can effectively reduce bacteria and odor. What's more, the empty wash fill can auto-cleaning, so you just have to do cleaning the filters regularly.
- 【Precision Navigation System】The S7 pro Ultro robot vacuum cleaner with mop uses smart LIDAR navigation to accurately map the house in 3D, while supporting virtual walls and no-go areas and stores up to 4 different maps. The roborock APP allows you to customize suction power, vibration intensity, water flow and more. Voice control is also available. Note: This product is only compatible with 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi.
- CHIP test result single test robot vacuum cleaner: very good (1.5) & reddot Design Award winner 2022
- Extremely convenient thanks to fully automatic self-cleaning emptying & refilling station for independent emptying, refilling of water and cleaning of the wipe
- Laser Distance Sensors (LDS) & ReactiveAI2.0 AI Dual Camera for 360° coverage and obstacle avoidance (e.g. shoes, power strips, cables, pet's backsides etc.) even in the dark
- Ultra-high suction power of 5100Pa and movable solid rubber brush for better floor contact ideal for pet & human hair without tangling
- VibraRise sonic vibration wiping system scrubs up to 3000 times per minute with even pressure throughout the cleaning process
- Suction function with an ultra-high suction power of 2,500 Pa and included suction station with up to 6 weeks dust absorption capacity and optional use of dust bags
- Innovative sound technology allows the wiper to vibrate up to 3000 times per minute with a pressure weight of 600 g
- Automatic lifting of the mop head on carpeted floors
- Laser distance sensors (LiDAR) for 360 degree coverage
- Separate suction and wiping settings for different rooms and floors with virtual walls and according to schedule
- Sonic Vibration Technology: Scrubs at up to 3000 cycles per minute for more effective dry stain removal.
- Precision Navigation: LiDAR navigation and advanced algorithms enable accurate navigation and automatic room recognition.
- Intelligent Mop Lifting: auto-lifting when the robot detects carpet area, avoid dragging dirt across the floor, and more.
- Multi-Directional Floating Brush: Multiple planes of movement keep the brush closer to the ground for deeper cleaning.
- PreciSense� LiDAR Navigation: Pinpoint accurate LiDAR navigation creates detailed maps of your home and identifies your rooms across up to four levels.
- Suction function with high suction power of 4200Pa & mopping function with 30 water flow levels for optimal water dosage depending on floor type and even 300g mop pressure for uncompromising cleaning
- Durable solid rubber brush for even closer contact with the floor without tangling hair for even more effective cleaning
- 2in1 Dust Bin and Water Tank with a 470ml Dirt Trap Capacity & 350ml Water Tank Capacity
- Auto-emptying station with 2.5l dust bag for automatic emptying of the dust container and cleaning of up to 7 weeks without emptying
- PreciSense precise laser distance (LiDAR) navigation for intelligent path planning with real-time room maps, 3D mapping & selective single room planning with virtual suction & wipe exclusion zones and user-defined cleaning routines