Marshall Kilburn II and JBL Xtreme 3 are two models of high-performance portable speakers with long battery life that will allow you to enjoy music indoors and outdoors to the fullest. If you’re not sure which one is best for you, we’ve put together the Marshall Kilburn II vs JBL Xtreme 3 comparison to clear up your main doubts.
Want to know which portable speaker is best suited to your needs? We’ll tell you, so read on!
First of all, let us introduce them to you!
- 1 JBL Xtreme 3, cheap waterproof speaker with good sound
- 2 Kilburn II, a portable long-range speaker with subwoofer
- 3 Marshall Kilburn II Vs JBL Xtreme 3: Main Differences
- 4 What are their similarities?
- 5 Marshall Kilburn II Vs JBL Xtreme 3: Which model is best for me?
JBL Xtreme 3, cheap waterproof speaker with good sound
The JBL Xtreme 3 is a compact, portable, waterproof and dustproof Bluetooth speaker that gives you up to 15 hours of music playback and can be connected to other compatible speakers with PartyBoost.
It has a comfortable strap and a sturdy design so you can take it anywhere you want, even into the shower. You can even charge your mobile phone with it.
It’s the compact waterproof speaker to get the party started.
- The JBL Xtreme 3 is a wireless speaker for parties at the pool, beach or park thanks to its waterproof and dustproof construction and portable design
- This speaker packs a loud punch with 4 drivers, 2 JBL Bass Raditaors and PartyBoost function which allows you to connect multiple JBL speakers for an immersive sound experience
- This blue wireless speaker comes with a handy carry strap and built-in bottle opener, making it easy to take the party with you, wherever you go
- With up to 15 hours playtime on a single charge, Bluetooth pairing with up to 2 devices and an integrated powerbank for charging, the music never needs to stop with the JBL Xtreme 3
- Items delivered: 1 x JBL Xtreme 3 speaker made with waterproof materials in blue, 1 x adaptor with power cable and regional plug, 1 x JBL Xtreme 3 strap, 1 x Quick Start Guide, 1 x safety sheet
Kilburn II, a portable long-range speaker with subwoofer
Marshall Kilburn II is the brand’s portable Bluetooth speaker, with a compact size but good multi-directional sound quality. You can enjoy up to 20 hours of music on a single charge.
You can take it everywhere with you as it has a rugged design and can withstand some water.
It is the compact loudspeaker with the longest battery life.
- 20+ Hours: Kilburn II offers 20+ hours of portable playtime on a single charge
- Bluetooth 5.0: Comes equipped with Bluetooth 5.0 aptX technology for wireless music play
- IPX2 Water Resistant: Kilburn II has an IPX2 water-resistant rating, so it’s able to withstand a little water
- Multi Directional Sound: This stout-hearted hero offers a larger than life multi-directional sound that will immerse you in your music
- Quick Charge: 20 minutes gets you 3 hours of portable playtime
Marshall Kilburn II Vs JBL Xtreme 3: Main Differences
Battery and charging
Kilburn II gives you over 20 hours of playback time anywhere on a single charge compared to 15 hours for the Xtreme 3, which is 5 hours more battery life. Of course, with the Xtreme you can charge your phone or tablet.
20 minutes of charging at Kilburn will give you 3 hours of playback time. You can also have a fully charged battery in 2.5 hours.
The charging time of the Xtreme 3 is 2.5 hours and it is battery operated for outdoor use.
Despite its small size and weight, Kilbum is the most powerful speaker in its class. It produces a crisp mid-range, wide treble and deep bass with very good quality for its size. In addition, it has a multi-directional sound for maximum music enjoyment indoors and outdoors. It has a power output of 36 watts.
The Xtreme 3 is a stereo sound reproducing loudspeaker with 4 drivers, consisting of 2 x 25 watt woofers and 2 x 25 watt tweeters. It has passive radiators. Its power output is 100 W.
It is noteworthy that Kilburn has a subwoofer, while the Xtreme 3 does not.
Kilburn II measures 243 x 162 x 140 mm and weighs only 2.5 kg, with a compact size and carrying strap. It is guitar-inspired, perfect for carrying wherever you go. You can check the battery charge status with its visual indicator, which is located on the top panel of the speaker.
The Xtreme 3 has metal eyelets on the top and includes a shoulder strap that attaches to them for easy carrying. It weighs slightly less at 1.83 kilos. It has a bottle opener on the belt and non-slip pads on the inside.
These speakers are available in blue, black and camouflage.
Connectivity and Bluetooth
The Kilburn II comes equipped with Bluetooth 5.0 aptX technology so you can play music wirelessly. With it, you can play any Bluetooth device up to 9 metres away from the speaker.
JBL Extreme 3 has a slightly more advanced Bluetooth version, Bluetooth 5.1, the new version of the wireless communication protocol with which you can connect the speaker to your mobile phone or computer without cables and which gives you a more precise device location and a technical improvement. So it goes faster and consumes less power.
It should also be added that in terms of connectivity, both have 3.5 mm audio connectivity. JBL Xtreme has USB Type-C.
The Kilburn II design is waterproof with an IPX2 rating, so it can withstand a little water to carry on a rainy day. It is a very rugged model in its design, although it is advisable to protect it from water.
Xtreme 3 is dust and water resistant, so it can withstand water penetration and powerful jets. You can take it to the pool or the beach. It is waterproof with IP67 certification.
Connecting multiple speakers
Kilburn II features multi-host functionality to easily connect and switch between two Bluetooth devices. Xtreme 3 has PartyBoost, a technology that allows you to connect two compatible speakers for stereo sound. By connecting more than one speaker, you can create an indoor or outdoor party.
One of the features of Xtreme 3 is that you can charge your mobile phone, tablet or any other device you want with it. Although this means that the battery life is shorter, you can still charge your phone in an emergency.
Both speakers are similarly priced, although the JBL Xtreme stands out for its excellent performance at a better price. Although the final price will depend on the Amazon promotion available at the time, the Xtreme 3 currently costs between 30-40 euros less.
What are their similarities?
Both are portable speakers due to their small size, low weight and easy to carry at any time, as well as their good battery life that allows them to be used for a long period of time.
None of the speakers have a noise-cancelling microphone or support Bluetooth pairing via NFC.
Marshall Kilburn II Vs JBL Xtreme 3: Which model is best for me?
In the Marshall Kilburn II vs JBL Xtreme 3 comparison, the best model for you depends on your needs. If you’re looking for the lighter, cheaper, waterproof and better Bluetooth technology, you’ll go for the Xtreme 3. However, if you’re looking for excellent sound and longer battery life, you’ll go for the Kilburn. Either speaker is an excellent choice, so it’s up to you. Our winning model is the JBL Xtreme for its excellent value for money.