Before we start this article, we are going to ask you a question that may seem strange: do you know Xiaomi? The answer is probably yes. However, it is less likely that you know Dreame, one of its subsidiary brands that has managed to position itself in the minds of customers as a great reference. It has done so thanks to models like the two that star in our review: Dreame Z10 Pro Vs Dreame W10, two very interesting robot hoovers. Do you want to know why? Come in and find out!
- 1 Dreame Z10 Pro Vs Dreame W10: How to choose the most suitable robot hoover
- 2 The most popular Dreame robot hoovers
- 3 Dreame Z10 Pro Vs Dreame W10: What is our conclusion?
Dreame Z10 Pro Vs Dreame W10: How to choose the most suitable robot hoover
So that you know what to look out for when comparing the performance of the two models, we tell you what their differences and similarities are in all the criteria that can influence your decision:
Self-cleaning and self-emptying base.
This is undoubtedly one of the most striking aspects at first glance: the base. Both robots have a base, but their purpose is not the same.
- The Dreame Z10 Pro has a self-emptying base, in which it empties its internal tank every time it fills up. In fact, you can go up to 10 weeks without emptying it, as it has a capacity of 4 litres.
- The Dreame W10, on the other hand, has a self-cleaning base, not a self-emptying base. In other words, after each use, it automatically washes the mops in the base to reuse them. For this reason, it has two tanks, one for clean water and one for dirty water, both with a volume of 4 litres.
Shape, design and colour
The design is another of the differences that we perceive at first glance. First, because of the colour, as the Dreame Z10 Pro is black and the W10 is white. But they do not have the same shape.
The Dreame Z10 Pro has the traditional rounded shape, but the W10 is a bit different. Its D-shaped design is designed to clean edges and corners more thoroughly, so it has a straight side to keep dust out of these areas.
Capacity and power range
You know that one of the criteria we look for in a robot hoover is the maximum power it can reach.
To give you an idea, most entry-level robot hoovers are around 2000-3000 Pascals, while our two protagonists raise it up to 4000 Pascals. Another very important quality is that, in both Dreame, the power can be adjusted in 4 levels, so that you only use the power you need at any given moment.
Both scrub, but with different results
If you have looked at other models of robot hoovers, you will have noticed that it is becoming more and more common to find robots that combine vacuuming and scrubbing. In this case, that’s the case, but there are a few variations between the two robots:
- Dreame Z10 Pro: it has a 400 ml internal tank for solid waste and a 150 ml tank for water. In addition, you can regulate the water flow in 3 levels, so that you only use as much water as you need for each surface.
- Dreame W10: in this case, the tank is 450 ml for solid waste. As for the water tank, it is not inside the robot, but uses two damp mops, which it then washes and dries on the base.
You already know that the type of navigation of each robot is closely related to its intelligence and precision in orientation. Our two protagonists move intelligently thanks to the LiDAR laser sensor, with which they can scan the entire space in 360º and in real time.
The laser navigation enables them to create and store maps of the space, so they can save the maps for the next time and do not have to do the scanning again.
Thus, the two robots give you the possibility to perform intelligent room management. To customise the maps, just view them in the app, from which you can change the cleaning order by room, define restricted areas or mark which area within a room you want the robot to clean.
Technically, it is easy to see that they do not have the same autonomy, as each one has a battery with a different capacity. The Dreame Z10 Pro has a 5200 mAh battery, while the Dreame W10 has a 6400 mAh battery.
It is therefore not surprising that the W10 achieves a battery life of 210 minutes, a far cry from the 150 minutes its rival can achieve. Of course, you know that the battery life gets shorter as you increase the suction power.
Main vacuuming and scrubbing attachments
Both models have a central V-shaped roller brush, which can suck up all kinds of debris, including pet hair.
As we have already told you, both robots have the ability to vacuum and mop at the same time. However, the Dreame W10 is much better suited to this task than its rival. How do we know?
Thanks to the two rotating mops that rotate at 180 rpm, with which it removes dirt more successfully and easily. The Z10 Pro, on the other hand, has a classic removable mop, which is used for wiping with a damp cloth rather than for scrubbing.
Technology and connectivity
When it comes to more technological functions, there are also some commonalities and some differences.
- Mobile app and Alexa: both robots can be operated via a mobile app and are compatible with the Alexa virtual assistant.
- Object recognition: only the Dreame Z10 Pro has a 3D camera to reproduce the objects and obstacles it detects with the laser, which greatly improves the precision with which it moves around the house without bumping into them.
Finally, the significant price difference between the two robots is striking. It is true that the price may vary depending on the economic offers available at any given time, but if we look at the original price, the Dreame W10 is almost double the price of its rival. On the other hand, the features that both have do not show this difference.
The most popular Dreame robot hoovers
If you are looking for different models of robot hoovers and don’t know which one to choose, you may be interested to know which are the most popular models among Amazon users, as this information can help you decide in case of doubt:
- 【45-Day Hands Free Cleaning】With the fully automated cleaning experience, the robot cleans and dumps the dirt at the auto-empty base station which is equipped with a 2.5L bag, to avoid clogging and provide weeks of independent automated cleaning. Further, the bag takes about 45 days to fill up and all you have to do is just dump the bag, for a more comfortable cleaning experience.
- 【Strong Cleaning & Long Battery Life】The robot can easily lifts the dirt from floors with 4000Pa suction pressure and deposits waste into the 400ml dust box. Further, the 5200mAh battery which provides 180 minutes of continuous cleaning and the 4 suction modes, makes for an efficient cleaning experience in a single run, even for a large home.
- 【LiDAR Navigation】The LiDAR laser navigation facilitates detailed and faster map building, for an impeccable navigation, so that the systematic path planning ensures that the spots are not missed and the cleaning is not repeated.
- 【Adjustable Mopping]】With the help of 150ml water tank and three water volume options, you will be able to set the water usage, mop dampness to wash your floors as per how dirty the floor is, for a more robust cleaning experience.
- 【Voice Control & Customized Cleaning】The robot is compatible with Alexa voice control, so that you can control the robot with the words like start, pause or stop. Further, with the app, you can customize your cleaning by selecting cleaning modes, cleaning certain rooms, setting a virtual wall, placing a no-go zone and many more, so that you can decide what the robot should clean and what it should avoid from the comfort of your phone.
- [Advanced Technology] DreameBot L10s Ultra is a perfect combination of the most popular robotic cleaning technologies, a fully automated robot hoover that cleans floors and cleans itself. This state-of-the-art model integrates automatic dust emptying, automatic mop cleaning and drying, advanced and customisable navigation with obstacle detection and AI-based camera to deliver impressive, hands-free cleaning performance. Automate your daily cleaning and come home to freshly cleaned and scented floors: start enjoying your home
- [Fully automated cleaning] The automatic emptying system uses the unique DualBoost 2.0 technology, designed with low noise to autonomously empty the robot dust into a large 3L dust bag in seconds: you get up to 60 days of automatic cleaning without the help of your hands, all you have to do is throw the bag away when it is full. After a floor-cleaning session, the L10s Ultra lifts the mops as they return to the base to ensure floors remain spotless, while the robot mops are first cleaned with high-speed brushes and then dried with hot air to prevent odours, mould and bacteria
- [Strong suction, deep cleaning] Dreame L10s Ultra has a 5200mAh battery, removes dirt with powerful 5,300Pa suction and dual rotating brushes with strong 180rpm pressure. The intelligent brush design lifts fine particles and makes it easy to detangle pet hair and hair. Automatic suction adjustment allows different power settings depending on the surface for laminate, carpet or hard floors. Advanced technology with automatic carpet detection when the mop is installed: the base's 2.5L water tank allows you to wash parquet, tiles, vinyl pvc or other surfaces covering up to 200 m²
- [AI 3D Navigation Customisable with Apps and Voice Commands] Artificial Intelligence navigation ensures efficient and effective cleaning throughout the home. The L10s Ultra uses an RGB camera and 3D structured light to scan and customise cleaning strategies and automatically generate paths based on the type of obstacle, floor and room. Take control via the App to customise cleaning to your home and schedule. Pause or stop cleaning with voice commands or supervise your home using video control in the Dreamehome app. You have all the power using just a finger or your voice
- [Specifications] Included in the package: Robot with self-cleaning charging station x1, Side brush x1, Cleaning tool x1, Power cord x1, Dust collection bag x2, Moci with holders x2, Multi-surface cleaner x1, User manual x1. Specifications: Robot dimensions 350*350*97mm; Weight 3.7kg; Wi-Fi connection IEEE 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz; Nominal input 100-240 V ~ 50 / 60 Hz 0.5A; Noise level 59 db; Suction power 5300 Pa; Robot dust bag volume 350ml; Battery capacity 5200 mAh. Compatible with Alexa, Siri, Google Assistant. Base 303x403x399mm, 3L dust collector, Water tank 2.5L (clean) and 2.4L (dirty)
- 【Enhanced Suction Power】: The maximum suction power of the vacuum cleaner can reach 4000Pa, which is very suitable for families with pets and houses troubled by hair. This robot vacuum cleaner with mop has a 270 ml water tank and a 570 ml dust box, which can easily provide excellent cleaning results.
- 【Lidar Navigation】: Effecting a laser scanner capable of sensing 360 degrees, Dreame D9 Max robotic vacuums mop can automatically remember the map of your house. Through App, you can not only see the path that the robot vacuum is performing but also select the areas that you want to clean.
- 【Powerful Battery】: Thanks to the 5200 mAh large-capacity battery, the vacuum cleaners can last up to 150 minutes. The cleaning robot will automatically return to the charging dock to charge itself when the battery is low, and it'll continue cleaning from the place where the last cleaning ended after being fully charged.
- 【Cleaning Mode】: The vacuum robot has 4 levels of suction power to choose from. After the robot mop enters the carpet from the hard floor, it will automatically increase the suction power and clean more powerfully. Through the App, you can control the water tank to control the water level.
- 【APP & Alexa】: In order to use all the functions of the Dreame robots, we recommend that you download App. In addition to the functions described above, in the app, you can also pre-set the cleaning schedule, set virtual boundaries, and upgrade OTA online. The robot also supports Alexa voice control.
- English (Publication Language)
Dreame Z10 Pro Vs Dreame W10: What is our conclusion?
The truth is that the two robots offer very positive results considering that it is a more unknown brand and may initially generate more reluctance. However, the decision will depend on your search preferences.
It is true that the price has a very important weight in this decision, and it is true that the economic difference is quite pronounced. It is even more surprising to see that there is not that much difference in terms of intelligence or performance.
Taking this into account, in our opinion, the Dreame Z10 Pro is better value for money. In addition, it incorporates a self-emptying base which translates into more convenience for you, as you don’t have to constantly empty the tank.
On the other hand, we find the object recognition mechanism very interesting, which is very useful for perfecting navigation. It is true that, in the scrubbing, it is not as excellent as the Dreame W10, but in the general computation, we find it more interesting.
However, whatever decision you make, it will be the right one, as it will respond to the most pressing needs you have. As in almost any area of life, everyone has different tastes and requirements. The important thing is to know how to satisfy them.